April - Sea Temp 10.2

 I've just completed a full calendar month of swimming (if you don't mind).  There was even a couple of double dips here and there.   If only I could give that level of commitment to something like losing weight or cooking dinner every day.   Sunrise swims have all but stopped, tis terrible early to be getting up.  I think the earliest I can manage is a 6am swim.  Any earlier and I'll have to go to bed at 6 the night before.  

Made it back to the Buoy (easier if you don't try and prove you could have been an Olympic contender... which, like?  NEVER).  They also gave us a lovely bright new Buoy named 2A.  Or 1A depending on who you are chatting to.   

Weather has been fabulous and I've decided that I am not going to let the diagnosis of costochondritis (a fucking lifetime condition apparently) and situational asthma (thanks covid, you're a peach!!) ruin swimming for me.  The former is aggravated by the swim but it's so good for your lungs.  Just going to take it easy and make sure no one is standing near me when I get to the top of the steps at Portrane.  I sound like I may be about to die.  Think of the wheeziest, hottest Boston Terrier you've ever encountered... that's what I sound like.

That's about the month of it.  Swam with Carol (rare and wonderful), and bumped into the gorgeous L who had just tied the knot and was having photos taken on the beach.  She is such a legend.  She went for a sunrise swim on the morning of her wedding in white togs and a veil.  Oh, note to self, do not stand next to bride whilst wearing dryrobe and pjs.  You will look both deranged and like a garden gnome.

Oh, and myself and Clodagh mastered handstands.

In no particular order, and including photos by Graham .... here you go.  











































































































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October

August - Temperature 16.1

July - Sea Temp 15.9