November

The sea is definitely getting wilder and I'm falling more in love with it.  Mind you, I'm also aware that it doesn't love me back and you have to watch it like a hawk.  It's funny, C goes swimming in Balbriggan and her sea is totally smooth, three cheers for Harbour Walls. 








































If you stumble across this blog, make sure you check out Howth.  It's gorgeous at any time of year.  Oh, and if you come at the Head from the Village side there is a little house shop just before the car park.  A houseshop with a Great Dane and bread and Tayto for crisp sandwiches. 





....and back to my favourite space ...




Today's seas were for surfers mainly.  A proper High Tide and waves over 2m high.   It would have been a great dip only for the fact that the sea came all the way into the dunes.  In doing so it dislodged all the rubbish that people have left there after their 'lovely trip to the seaside'.  Nothing like being hit on your ankles by plastic bottles to kill the calm and build anger.  We are so lucky to have this fantastic space here and we need to look after it  BRING YOUR RUBBISH HOME!!!














Donabate Beach, 21st 8.08am. 

I couldn't swim for a week as I was temping.  Dreaded going back in after 5 days away, thought it would be like starting all over again.  It wasn't, it was like coming home. 


Donabate Beach. 22nd  8.31am


Ladies beach 23rd, 9.17am

A double dip today because Clo was dying to go back in after her first swim on Saturday.  Who knew?!  


Nov 24th, 9.23am

The kind of sea that makes you want to scream into it. 


Nov 25th, 9.22am


Nov 26th, 09.15am

It was so still, you could still see the mist on the water.  Felt like I was being held, just floating along. 




27th, 8.50am - 9.38am

So today I over did it.  I went back in to get a couple of photos and could not feel my feet by the time I came out.  My arse was numb!!!!  Which is rather a big area to not be able to feel. 
Still misty and still.  And utterly fucking freezing!!



Nov 28th, 8.31am / 8.39am



November 28th, 5.39 and 5.41pm

Some days you double dip.  Went in with K as the sea was calling (of course I can hear that!! Can't hear people talking in a cafe but I can hear the sea). It felt warm.  Seriously.  Warm!?!






November 29th, 10.21am / 11.25am.

I slept through my alarm for sunrise swim today, turned out a lot of us missed it so there must have been something in the air.   A migraine didn't help and the later swim didn't help the migraine.  I am so sick of this pain in my face!!!!  Someone recommended floating face down and screaming into the sea.  I did it, no one heard but it did fuck all good other than releasing a wee bit of stress.  
The water was so still you could hardly make out where it reached the sky.  Not warm, 8C to be precise but lovely.  Big gang there today and it was so nice to catch up. 


Nov 30, 9.29am   

Would you look at them!  It's very YMCA.  These women are legends. 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October

August - Temperature 16.1

July - Sea Temp 15.9